Alive Inside in Northern Kentucky- Work Study
Work Study Description
The Northern Kentucky Area Development District is seeking an Occupational Therapist/Music Therapist student who is interested in assisting the Area Agency on Aging in developing a music program for caregivers in the home and nursing facilities. This position will be a paid part-time work study requiring 10 to 12 hours per week.
Primary duties include
Interviewing caregivers and family members about music preferences, conducting music sampling sessions with the individual, collecting feedback from each of the individuals about their music, able to create playlists, create a metric, discovering new ways for access to music, and other duties as assigned.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Must have a desire to work with seniors
- Ability to listen well to others
- Have a sound understanding of basic computer functions, particularly Amazon Music® and iTunes
- Ability to download music to Micro SD Card
- Ability to understand different genres of music
- Ability to communicate effectively with others
- Ability to present information effectively
- Possess empathy for others
- Demonstrate great organization skills
- Maintain Reliable Transportation
- Ability and willingness to conduct visits in-home and at nursing facilities
Candidates must have and maintain a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and willingness and ability to complete in-home and nursing facility visits. Must be dependable and possess excellent listening skills, solid organizational skills, strong analytical skills, as well as the ability to work using a compassionate approach. Maintaining positive work relationships, as well as a professional demeanor is critical to success in this role. Applicants must successfully pass a general background check.
Please send resume with cover letter to:
22 Spiral Dr.
Florence, KY 41042
Position open until filled. EOE