This is part of a brand new program of a non-profit to train Kentucky residents in Northern and Eastern Kentucky in software development for the purpose of obtaining entry-level technology positions. Program will recruit participants, assess their skill level in technology, provide them access to online training options, connect them with volunteer technology professionals, help them write a resume, prepare them for the job search, and help connect them to tech employers. Program seeks to create a community of positive learning and growth in the tech space, encouraging students to become engaged and active in software development.
The Employer Coordinator will
- Engage with employers of technology professionals to educate them about the program.
- Work with hiring managers to consider new hiring options, consider non-traditional candidates, and give back to the community.
- Organize hiring fairs, networking events, and other activities to connect employers to program participants.
- Work with adult career changers to prepare them for employment in the tech space.
- Understand local technology needs and convey this information back to the program to improve training options.
- Coordinate with multiple stakeholders including funders, other industry sector employer coordinators, and other organizations to create a collaborative effort to raise awareness of the program.
- Utilize resources of the local Career Centers and participate in the Business Services team.
- Have a positive, people-oriented attitude that promotes an atmosphere that technology is a viable pathway for everyone and an exciting career to pursue.
- Other duties necessary to promote the success of the program.
A combination of education and/or work experience in relevant fields such as account management, business-to-business sales, workforce development, recruiting, or other areas that require building strong relationships with businesses. You will need to be comfortable reaching out to employers and establishing meetings, sharing information, and identifying other contacts in the technology industry through coordinated efforts with the local Business Services team. Strong comfort with technology and ability to convey a message that technology is an exciting career pathway to choose. Coordinates with many entities including workforce organizations, career centers, and employers.
Knowledge of software development principles is a plus.
Work will predominantly be done remotely/work-from-home as well as traveling around the region to meet with employers, so comfort with staying on task and focused from home is a necessity. Exceptional communication skills, particularly in online-only formats such as online chat and video conference is critical. Must reside in the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and a good driving record. Must have valid driver’s license, a reliable personal vehicle, and auto liability insurance to fulfill duties,
Starting Salary Range: $48,000 to $52,000
Please submit a resume to
Northern Kentucky Area Development District
22 Spiral Drive
Florence, KY 41042
EOE. Interested applicants should apply electronically in response to this posting on or before July 12, 2021.Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.TDD 711.
- Criminal Background Check
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Occasional evening events required, sometimes as late as 7:30pm
- Flexible schedule
- Monday to Friday
- Could work 4x 10 hour days Mon - Thurs if desired
- Account management, recruiting, B2B sales, or other relationship-building experience
- Enjoys working with technology, preferably with understanding of the basics of software development
- Yes, but must be located in Kentucky
- Occasional travel required around state of Kentucky