This is part of a brand new program of a non-profit to train Kentucky residents in Northern and Eastern Kentucky in software development for the purpose of obtaining entry-level technology positions. Program will recruit participants, assess their skill level in technology, provide them access to online training options, connect them with volunteer technology professionals, help them write a resume, prepare them for the job search, and help connect them to tech employers through coordinated efforts with the local Career Centers. Program seeks to create a community of positive learning and growth in the tech space, encouraging students to become engaged and active in software development.
The Community Coordinator will
- Recruit prospective participants to join the program.
- Convey information about the program through outreach, info sessions, and program orientation.
- Administer an assessment of potential students and confirm progress/completion.
- Enroll them into classes and remain in touch during the program to offer support, communicate about the program, and coordinate further classes.
- Remain in contact with current and prospective students throughout the program.
- Enter data into data systems including enrollment stages, case notes, or other important information.
- Possess the ability to be very communicative, responsive, and able to clearly communicate the program to interested parties.
- Refer students to local Career Centers for additional supportive needs and job seeking opportunities.
- Have a positive, people-oriented attitude that promotes an atmosphere that technology is a viable pathway for everyone and an exciting career to pursue.
- Other duties necessary to promote the success of the program.
A combination of education and/or work experience in relevant fields such as event planning, social work/workforce development, technology, higher education, or related fields. Demonstrated experience in organizing communities or planning events. Attention to detail in tracking participant information in data-tracking and reporting systems and creating reports. Strong comfort with technology and ability to convey a message that technology is an exciting career pathway to choose. Coordinates with many entities including workforce organizations, career centers, and employers.
Knowledge of software development principles is a plus.
Work will predominantly be done remotely/work-from-home, so comfort with staying on task and focused from home is a necessity. Exceptional communication skills, particularly in online-only formats such as online chat and video conference is critical. Evening classes will require occasional evening work, but time may be flexed to accommodate, such as leaving early on Friday. Must reside in the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and a good driving record. Must have valid driver’s license, a reliable personal vehicle, and auto liability insurance to fulfill duties.
Starting Salary Range: $45,000 - $48,000 a year.
Please submit a resume to:
Northern Kentucky Area Development District
22 Spiral Drive
Florence, KY 41042
EOE. Interested applicants should apply electronically in response to this posting on or before July 12, 2021.Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.TDD 711.
- Criminal Background Check
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Occasional evening events required, sometimes as late as 7:30pm
- Flexible schedule
- Monday to Friday
- Could work 4x 10 hour days Mon - Thurs if desired
- Community coordination/event coordination experience
- Enjoys working with technology, preferably with understanding of the basics of software development
- Yes, but must be located in Kentucky
- Occasional travel required around state of Kentucky