The Northern Kentucky Area Development District (NKADD) serves as the Food Bank for the Northern Kentucky region and is seeking a Warehouse Associate on a temporary basis to assist with daily operations. The foodbank is a small-scale operation with one full-time employee – the work environment alternates between fast-paced and very even/balanced.
Status: 20 hours a week with a flexible work schedule and competitive pay. This job is a limited time position with potential employment through 03/21/22. Please note: this position is federally funded through the National Dislocated Worker Grant, and with confirmed eligibility of having been laid off due to COVID-19, the selected candidate may be able to maintain Kentucky Unemployment Insurance benefits while employed in this role.
Assisting the Warehouse Manager with stocking, inventory, and distribution of product. General support of the warehouse schedule and building maintenance.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Ability to assist picking orders within acceptable error rates
- Ability to assist in expediting orders for member agencies
- Ability to assist with the receipt of inbound freight by following compliance standards and completion of related paperwork
- Ability to assist with disposals and general warehouse projects
- Ability to understands the workflow and the overall food bank operation in general and specifically how the work of the warehouse team affects other areas of the division
- Possession of strong customer services skills including the ability to interact with agencies coming in for orders, walk-ins making donations, and the ability to professionally represent the food bank, its work and mission to any visitors in the building
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to maintain reliable attendance
- Ability to safely lift to 60 lbs
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check
High school diploma or GED and some experience in warehousing. Forklift experience, certification preferred. Must possess a valid Driver’s License with clean driving record. Experience using standard warehouse equipment including pallet jacks, reach trucks, etc. Experience with food warehousing and distribution strongly preferred. Experience with Small box trucks are a plus.
Please send resume with cover letter to: