The Long Term Care Division provides Assessment and Case Management services for the following programs: The Older American’s Act, State of Kentucky and Fiscal Courts in Boone, Campbell and Kenton County. Case Management is provided to every client receiving in home services. The case manager actively works with a client and support system to assure the coordination and quality of services. The case manager also provides community linkage and advocacy which allows the client to remain in their home as long as possible. An assessment is an ongoing process in which the client’s functional status, medical, living situation, formal and informal supports, financial, and social desires are also identified. Together the client and staff develop a plan of care to assist the client in the least restrictive environment.
Who does the program benefit / What are the benefits
In addition to direct services our case managers are all certified as State Health Insurance Program (SHIP) counselors and provide assistance to our clients with Medicare, Medicaid and private insurances. The case managers also have strong ties to local communities and provide proper referrals when needed. We work closely with family member offering support and services which address the needs of the clients to remain in their homes.
Services offered within the program
- Adult Day Health - Licensed program to provide continuous supervision of participant medical and health needs.
- Chore - Tasks of heavy housecleaning, minor household repairs and yard task, which are needed to assist the participant in her/his home.
- Escort - Personal accompaniment of a participant who is physically. Mentally, or developmentally disable to and from a medical appointment.
- Home Delivered Meals - A nutritionally sound meal provided to a participant who is homebound by reason of illness, incapability or disability.
- Homemaking - Activities ordinarily involved with house-keeping necessary to maintain a person in his/her home.
- Personal Care - Activates to help participants achieve and maintain good personal hygiene.
- Case Management, Chore, Home Delivered Meals, Homemaker, Personal Care, and Respite.
Downloadable ContentNKY Area Agency on Aging Incident Report