CITY OF FORT MITCHELL
POSITION TITLE: PUBLIC WORKS LABORER
HOURS AND PAY RANGE
Normal Hours are 7:00 a.m. to 3:45 p.m. The required work week is 40 hours. Overtime or hours outside the normal work hours are sometimes required. The expected pay range is $16.00 to $22.00 per hour.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Form, pour, and repair concrete and asphalt on city owned streets and sidewalks
- Assist in maintaining and landscaping city owned properties/facilities.
- Perform manual loading/unloading of utilized vehicles.
- Operate city owned trucks and motorized machinery
- Operate landscaping and construction tools and equipment
- Perform daily preventative maintenance duties on vehicles, tools, and equipment.
- Detect malfunctions in equipment and make minor repairs or request repair.
- Prepare required reports and records.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
- Willingness to work extended hours during snow removal.
Works under the direct supervision of the assigned public works supervisor/crew leader.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job. Work is performed in a field setting.
While performing duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to sit; talk or hear; use hands to handle, or feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and reach with hands and arms. This employee is required to stand and walk frequently.
The employee is frequently required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Occasionally the employee is required to lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Close Vision (clear vision up to 20 inches or less)
- Distance Vision (clear vision up to 20 feet or more)
- Peripheral Vision
- Depth Perception
- Ability to adjust focus
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outdoor weather conditions, and will have to work near moving mechanical parts. Occasionally the employee will be exposed to extreme heat (non-weather related) and vibrations. The employee may sometimes be exposed to fumes or airborne particles; and toxic or caustic chemicals. The City complies with OSHA Hazard Communication Standard 29 CFR 1910.1200. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Graduation from high school, or equivalent.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Current CDL Class B License is preferred. CDL Class B will need to be obtained the first six months of employment. Training will be provided.
- Subject to pre-employment physical, drug testing, criminal history and background check.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER & AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT
The City of Fort Mitchell is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ADA requires the City to provide adequate accommodations to qualified persons with disabilities. Prospective and current employees are encouraged to discuss ADA accommodations with management.