The Northern Kentucky Area Development District (NKADD), a local government public agency, is accepting proposals for Voice Service and Phone Systems.
Sealed proposals are due by 10:00am on June 22, 2020. Bids will be opened publicly via Zoom at 3:00pm on the same day. Zoom information is below.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 998 3465 3050
One tap mobile
+19292056099,,99834653050#,,1#,186991# US (New York)
+13017158592,,99834653050#,,1#,186991# US (Germantown)
Dial by your location
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
Meeting ID: 998 3465 3050
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/acPLpe0wTK
NKADD reserves the right to reject any and all proposals.
Information received after the date and time set for opening requests for proposal will not be considered and will be returned unopened to the Submitter. It is the sole responsibility of the Submitter to assure that his/her information is received by the NKADD before the date and time set for opening the Request for Proposal.
1. We will need to conduct a site survey per location. Is there a contact person I can list for the construction team? Name, phone number and email address.
2. Would you prefer the pricing of the phones to be figured in with the user license fee or priced separately?
Pricing of the phones should be separate.
3. If they are to be priced separately where would you want it to be located in the spreadsheet NKADD has provided?
The spreadsheet has been updated (please redownload), please place under Monthly Recurring Costs for rentals or Non-Recurring for out right purchase
4. If they are to be priced separately, would NKADD prefer the pricing to be provided as a monthly rental for the phones with a $1 buyout per phone upon the completion of the contract or would NKADD prefer a one-time purchase price for the phones?
5. During this time of a national pandemic would it be possible to submit our proposal response by e-mail?
Email submission will be acceptable, submissions must be in my 10am EST on June 22, 2020
6. What type of Ethernet cabling is currently used with your legacy VoIP phone system? (I.e. CAT5e or CAT6)
7. Does the existing Ethernet cabling support both phones and PCs on the same Ethernet cable or are the phones on a separate Ethernet cable?
Both phones and PCs
8. What type of computers are in use on the network? (I.e. MAC or PCs or combination of the two)
9. To what extent does the requirement of co-management access to all Unified Communications entailed?
Enough to be able to provide Tier 1 support to our users; adding, deleting users, updateing passwords, etc.
10. Do any of these locations use an Overhead paging system that requires interfacing with?
11. Do any of these locations have door buzzers, external intercoms, external loud ringers and or night bells that require connections?
12. Can you provide a list of all telephone numbers at each location to be ported?
NKADD Numbers to be Ported - (Excel File - 17KB)
13. What is the contract term?
Up to 5 years
14. Under the General Information Section of the RFP it states for each location the following statement. Network hardware at this site includes Cisco Meraki Router & managed POE Switches which will stay in place with the new solution. Who manages these POE switches and what are your expectations?
NKADD Manages the switches and will continue to do so, there is no expectation that any vendor will manage the switches.
15. Which telephone numbers in the spreadsheet are associated with these two locations? NKADD Georgetown EC and Kentucky Career Center - Convington
At this time, the numbers in the spreadsheet only relate to NKADD HQ (22 Spiral Dr).