Maintenance Technician • Housing Authority of Dayton, KY
Dayton, KY 41074
$15 – $17 an hour
Comprehensive understanding of general maintenance including building and grounds maintenance, standard practices, methods, tools, materials, electrical, etc.
Salary: $15 – $17 an hour
Job Type: Full-time
Full Job Description
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE CLASS: The Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for the overall maintenance of the Dayton Housing Authority development. The Maintenance Mechanic performs a variety of skilled and semiskilled tasks pertaining to building maintenance involving the use of mechanical, carpentry, plumbing and other trade skills. Is responsible for unit tum-overs, maintaining and ordering supplies, and grounds maintenance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Report to Executive Director daily to review needs of the property.
- Conduct work on all unit turnovers and ensure that units are completed in an efficient and timely manner.
- Recommend and assist with the procurement of outside contractors when appropriate and supervise work.
- Assist in the preparation of the maintenance budget.
- Conduct inventory, order and track, stock and maintain maintenance supplies.
- Conduct annual inventory of tools, parts and supplies.
- Conduct a regular check of all property systems to determine maintenance needs, including major equipment.
- Participate in annual and other inspections. of units to determine maintenance needs.
- Conduct regular maintenance on units, building exteriors and common areas, as needed.
- Conduct move-in, move-out inspections for all vacated units (including lock changes, and charge assessments) and submit to Executive Director.
- Respond to and complete work orders in a timely manner.
- Assist in the tracking and maintaining of work orders.
- Report questionable activity immediately to Executive Director.
- Oversee daily cleaning and housekeeping of common areas.
- Assist Executive Director with resident activities as needed
- Ensure appropriate uniform attire.
- To be available for maintenance emergencies after hours.
SUPERVISING PERSONNEL (when applicable):
- Supervise any subordinate maintenance staff.
- Participate in pre-employment interviews for subordinate maintenance positions and make hiring recommendations.
- Prepare and review performance evaluations for subordinate staff.
- Train maintenance personnel.
- Review time and leave reports of assigned staff.
- Recommend disciplinary action as needed.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: –
- Comprehensive understanding of general maintenance including building and grounds maintenance, standard practices, methods, tools, materials, electrical, plumbing, painting, carpentry, electric baseboard heat, window AC units, and grounds upkeep.
- Knowledge of HUD regulations regarding housing quality standards and/or knowledge of local, state or other housing codes and maintenance related issues.
- Knowledge of safety rules and practices.
- Ability to supervise a maintenance staff when applicable.
- Ability to analyze information and problem solve.
- Ability to develop plans and procedures for efficient maintenance operations.
- Ability to maintain records and maintenance work area in an orderly fashion.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with Executive Director, subordinates, co-workers, residents, contractors and the general public.
- Ability to prepare recommendations and reports, as required.
- High school education or equivalent.
- Minimum three years, experience in general building maintenance or combination of training and experience in the following areas: carpentry, plumbing, electrical, painting.
- valid driver’s license.
- Ability to work independently in the performance of duties.
- Basic computer skills.
- Physical ,aspects of the job may require heavy lifting, bending, kneeling, stooping, climbing, balancing and carrying.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 – $17.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- One location
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma